Author Topic: Double Banning  (Read 6697 times)

Offline tonedcos

• Super MAG
  • Take Back The Future
Re: Double Banning
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 12:29:30 PM »
Listen to Nightmare m8. The servers to good and we have such a ball. It's only a short ban(bit harsh personally) but admin have the last say, and admin are admin for a reason. Hope to

C U On The Battlefield
next week.

Offline Lman

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 09:28:10 AM »
I was about when this all kicked off, and tbh one word sums it up "childish" on both sides.

How the hell a dead mans nade and a couple of slaps has ended with a ban i will never know.

Serve the ban and come back you are welcome here.  Forget about this whole episode and to be frank, its not worth remembering.

Do try to remember, that this is a free server and do in general try to admin in a adult manner, and rudie is included in this and does a good job.  Questioning admin decision over the chat system on the server will never get you anywhere, sometimes it is best just to let things go, as in the grand scheme of things a slap is just a bit of fun.

Hope to see you both again soon.

Offline choddychod

• Where did my brother go? scooterbrotherr!!
  • Super MAG
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 09:16:59 AM »
Great post Nightmare.   :)

Offline NighTmarE

• Cha togar m'fhearg gun dioladh?
    • A closer look at me
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 08:53:32 AM »
Sam, Dude, just chill man.

If i got a pound for every time i have been blinded, slapped, drugged by mag admins i wouldent have to be posting this from my work PC :(

I think you might be taking this a wee bit too personally mate. Things were a wee bit tense between me and rudie to begin with (possibly a persoality clash i dunno) but now he is one of the few MAG's i am on 1st name terms with. Dont kid yourself... this server and this community is a one in a million find on an internet full of buffoons like Myg0t and other muppets.

Your last post on this thread seemed like a goodbye... i hope you just take it on the chin and come back for the banter mate. Take the week ban mull it over and hopefuly you'll be back mate

"We come here with no peaceful intent, but ready for battle, determined to avenge our wrongs and set our country free."

Offline Snake

• Flickr
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 23:18:45 PM »
Thanks for the past few months I've had on the server and I've enjoyed my time.

All the best in the future guys.

Sam
=

Offline The Flighty Zoo

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 23:11:52 PM »
Thanks Chod

Offline choddychod

• Where did my brother go? scooterbrotherr!!
  • Super MAG
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 23:07:16 PM »
Guys, you both have a 7 day ban.  please dont question the admin on the server, we have a hard enough job as it is.  Take your ban, have a break and we will see you back on the server this time next week.

MAG

Offline Snake

• Flickr
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 22:53:50 PM »
Rudie.

They are called 'Private' messages, but I have no problem with you posting them in this particular case as I've done nothing wrong in my opinion.

Sam
=

Rudie

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 22:52:47 PM »
Heres the Pms ive had off this fella all day, about how hes not happy with a few slaps.

Hello Rudie. I'm just sending you a message about tonight on the server. I have no idea what was the matter, but I do not feel it was very appropriate. Firstly, you kill Flighty by mistake, as a joke I say 'burn' (as i do with every other team kill), you then tell me to shut up (which I took as a joke ;)) then you go onto slap me and Zoo, therefore resulting in us both being killed. I tried to speak back to you, but you were having none of it, 'the admin is always right'. The admin is right in some cases, not all. I think its a shame the reputation of the server may be damaged by the attitude of you acting, quite frankly, immaturely on the server. You then continued to rant and rave at Fakky. I like this server and like all the of the members, and I thought better of you. Regards Sam
   Save a copy in my outbox

Subject: Tonight
Hello Rudie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just sending you a message about tonight on the server.

I have no idea what was the matter, but I do not feel it was very appropriate.

Firstly, you kill Flighty by mistake, as a joke I say 'burn' (as i do with every other team kill), you then tell me to shut up (which I took as a joke Wink) then you go onto slap me and Zoo, therefore resulting in us both being killed.

I tried to speak back to you, but you were having none of it, 'the admin is always right'. The admin is right in some cases, not all. I think its a shame the reputation of the server may be damaged by the attitude of you acting, quite frankly, immaturely on the server. You then continued to rant and rave at Fakky.

I like this server and like all the of the members, and I thought better of you.

Regards

Sam
----------------------------------------------
My reply to this : For a start can I just say how well written your message for me was, your good at English. well done

Tonite on the server you and Zoo bugged me a couple times, I dropped a grenade as I got killled hence killing Zoo - Then as a "joke" you go on to burn. ( this doesnt just stand for me, but its fecking annoying when you tk accidently and some idiot spams burn over something which is blatantly accident then the other guy actually does set to burn)

You then both got a couple of happy slaps just for sheer annoying me with the crap you were typing as well, I remember Zoo sayin crap like " no1 tells me to shut up " after i hushed him to just play and have fun.

Discussing this sort of shiit over the server isnt what we do, so dont expect to solve any petty issues like this on the server especially when youve both been slapped,told to hush and play nice on a server that you play for FREE.

Im all for a laugh and joke but when you state about acting immaturely on my own server that I pay/police for you to play on is pretty much the most disrespectful thing you could type.

The reputation of the server is kept to a high standard because we dont tolerate any shiite and with that I personally dont give 2 hoots whether your upset over a few slaps and if you dont like it....

Think about this Sam and think about how silly this all is. Remember Admin is always right

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His reply to that : Rudie.

It seems to me that you are taking the game far too seriously. The server is well known for a good bunch of people having a good laugh and admins keeping knobs off the server. It seems a shame that you abuse (yes, abuse) your admin powers simply due to the fact that you dislike the person. Feel free to read my chat log from the night and you'll see that I didn't say anything inappropriate to you  Wink

I simply asked why I was slapped and you went off on one.

I respect admins on the server, but don't think its right that you can take personal issues onto the server.

Sam
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply to that : There wasnt even a feckin problem until you sent me a pm, like ive said - Gave you a few slaps as bein an annoying little sod just like any1 else would get and the other night,at that present time, you bugged me. Simple as that but it seems you want to make more of it..

And id be quite happy to slap any 1 of them and Im sure they would not have sent a smarmy little crypost to me. Typing in chat ingame or even on the forums can easliy be taken the wrong way rather than face to face conversations and its a shame you feel so badly treated over something so trivial like a few slaps and bein told to shut up for sheer annoyance.

But It all got personal when you started throwing accusations like the servers Rep is at stake and that I acted immaturely - Sam, think hard m8, theres not many decent servers out there and to try and start piiisssin me off over something like this then you had better find another server to play on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His reply to that :Rudie.

I find it a shame that you have to resort to threats when all I'm simply doing is trying to get my point across to you. I always respected you before last night, but now you seem to be a very short tempered individual. I have not been trying to 'annoy' you at all with these PM's, simply trying to resolve the issue.

If you find it necessary to ban me next time I'm on then there is nothing I can do to stop that.

Sam
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres my reply to that :

LOL Jesus feckin christ, in EVERY post ive explained why you got the slaps - explained why you were treated the way you were in the NICEST of ways I can possibly do over a feckin forum and warned you in ever post - And now you say your tryin to resolve the Issue?

Am I communicating with a feckin Chimpanze or a kid whos still at primary school?? if so WTF am I taking the time explaining this shiit on my break at work.. WHY? because I care.

Just take it on the chin and STFU and learn from this-  I dont want to take anyones enjoyment from the server but seriously you are pushing your luck to the extreme if it was any1 else I wouldnt even give them time in explainin like I have to you, a regular on our server. - read the posts you've sent me, there not exactly resolving at all, you just literally you spoutin pure Bollox towards me in every post in a cocky well grammerd way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well wot can I say Sam.. After all my posts you still didnt get it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 22:54:58 PM by Rudie »

Offline Snake

• Flickr
Double Banning
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 22:42:38 PM »
Hello all.

Today me and Flight Zoo got banned from the MAG server. We literally joined the server, didn't even have chance to say hi, and we were banned by Rudie.

Heres the my side of the story, no doubt Rudie with have another.

Me and Flighty were on the server yesterday as it was quite busy. The map was de_inferno if I recall correctly. Rudie had a nade in his hand ready to throw, when he got shot. The nade dropped and killed flight zoo. As I do with virtually every other TK I said 'burn' as a joke. Rudie obviously took this the wrong way. The next round me and Zoo both got slapped resulting in us both dying. When we tried to question Rudie as to why we had been slapped he basically told us to shut up, and 'admin is always right'.

Wanting to get to the bottom of it I PM'd Rudie last night about what had happened. He insists that me and Zoo were 'annoying' him and we both deserved to be slapped for it, after all, 'admin is always right'. I  replied to Rudie once again explaining what I thought of his decision and I was baiscally told I have the intelligence of a Chimpanzee or a primary school pupil.

Now, I find it a real shame that I cannot contact Rudie in a civilized manor without getting banned for questioning his decision. I'd like to hope many of you here enjoy me playing on the server as I have a great time with you all. Most of you will know what I'm like on the server, and I'm always up for a laugh and joking with everyone.

It seems to me that Rudie has taken a joke into something far too serious.

The chat log can be seen here: http://middleagedgamers.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=15

Starting at 2008-05-05 21:08:54 ending 2008-05-05 21:39:55

I've had a good time on the server and it's a shame to banned for what I believe is an unfair reason.

Sam
=