• Super MAG
  • ...and the Snipers from Mars
Re: Lj
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 11:49:21 AM »
Ok we're done here  :)

Offline ljw69

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 11:38:15 AM »
Thanks lads, your time on this was much appreciated..

Just wanted to clear my name..

Offline Stueh

• Sblackler.net
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 00:56:33 AM »
Good job.

See you on the server LJ :)

gl hf

Offline Ziggy

• Super MAG
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 23:02:51 PM »
LJ, MAGs have voted and have decided to rescind your ban - see you on server

Hopefully you should have access to the pubby now, please pm me if there is a problem
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 23:04:44 PM by Ziggy »

Offline Qwiksilver

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 14:27:23 PM »
Lo chaps, just wondered how the appeal was going on?

lj we have to let the vote run its course to enable all MAG members the opportunity to vote. Some of them may well be away at the weekend therefore we leave it open for their return.

We will advise you of the result as soon as we can.

Offline ljw69

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 13:37:34 PM »
Lo chaps, just wondered how the appeal was going on?

Offline Ziggy

• Super MAG
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 14:03:12 PM »
Yes please I would like to appeal. How do I go about it?

You just have  ;)

Offline Stueh

• Sblackler.net
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 12:48:33 PM »
FAO All:

Yes the skins do change immediately. I have written a fix by handling the player hurt event when a team swap is happening until the start of the next round. This should also prevent accidental suicides at the end of the round as well as it is a blocking event.

That said, I spent my night in A&E last night and now drugged up to hell but the source code is available in the links in the respective threads.

If you wish to continue this discussion about the team balancer, please re-direct yourself to the correct thread. More info in there to follow.

Many thanks,
Stueh

@LJW69 - What you said about wanting to appeal should be enough to start the appeal process. However, I am not MAG so wait for further instruction :)

gl hf everyone

Offline Bla

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »
Hey mate....that's all you need to do....we're discussing/voting on it now...usually takes a couple o days to finalize the result...but someone will pm you asap. Cheers LJ for your patience

Offline ljw69

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 12:36:05 PM »
Yes please I would like to appeal. How do I go about it?

Offline Ziggy

• Super MAG
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 08:45:07 AM »
Lj - Whilst you have been banned we do operate an appeal process would you like to appeal?

enough discussion on this thread please Gents, let's just wait and see what Lj wants to do

Offline ljw69

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 00:29:27 AM »
marram you changed right in front of me.. I just fired instincs.. Didnt expect to kill you..

If you check on the dumb site i vigorously denied that too...

You came on the map earlier got a few one deags and started smack talking... no one said a thing about it..

I killed you a few times and you ban me within a few minutes... Ive not seen you on for a while and maybe you are not used to me... I know my way around CSS and do not cheat, its as simple as that..
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 00:41:01 AM by ljw69 »

Offline Mr Marram

• Botlan Timberlake
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 00:22:26 AM »
Fwiw I've seen the skin change immediately quite a few times.

Even if it had, the time between mine apparently changing and being shot in the head was instantaneous from the last CT dying.

Offline Cake

• Smoke mid, rush short.
    • Rich Harley Photography
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 00:18:57 AM »
Fwiw I've seen the skin change immediately quite a few times.
When I want your advice I'll give you the special signal; which is me being sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Offline Mr Marram

• Botlan Timberlake
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 23:49:54 PM »
Since 'toggling' isn't blatantly obvious i assume you took a demo or something Marram? Should really be proving guilt over asking him to provide evidence of innocence.

Skin change is immediate btw, not delayed. Brought this issue up with Stu in his ATB plugin thread because of the problems that caused at round end :)

I'm glad you can ignore that he has been banned elsewhere for the same thing that Ihave banned him for here and jump right in against me Rich, no bias there at all, now as you were not involved and have a vendetta against me for our previous transgressions against each other it seems rather pointless for you to get involved.

Toggling isn't obvious and people who use bots like that are hard to prove but they tend to be rather stupid and do exactly the same thing every time after its mentioned.

The 10s not moving or aiming break in play is evidently tabbing out for whatever reason, afaik it's to turn/toggle the program off. That point being a little time into the round after I mention a possible toggle bot in chat, the timing is rather hilarious, as most people who have done this before and been banned by other admins here and elsewhere do exactly the same.

A few rounds of bad play should discourage the admins, right? LJ then dies 2/3 times for a single kill despite being 10-0 upto that point, people doing that well don't suddenly become terrible with no change in map or players.

What is the point of taking a demo of something so blatant, things more subtle like wall hacks need demos to compare and to see if they are just walking and using decent surround sound or actually cheating.

From what I have seen the skin change is not immediate, I witnessed a few people over the next few rounds and maps keeping their skins till the round end when the ATB swings in and then only changing on the respawn. With two people even standing next to each other and not shooting, I'm not sure if that was decency or cluelessness.