Author Topic: Kicked for no reason?  (Read 2995 times)

Offline HeAdHuNtEr

• Pay up or I'll break your arms!
Re: Kicked for no reason?
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 22:05:16 PM »
topic locked
I`M NOT LAZY I`M JUST REALLY REALLY GOOD AT DOING NOTHING :)

Offline HeAdHuNtEr

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 22:03:46 PM »
good man :*

Offline Cake

• Smoke mid, rush short.
    • Rich Harley Photography
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 22:00:53 PM »
I do appreciate your comments Cake, but I muted you after putting up a vote to mute you since you kept complaining round after round, it got to the point where our regulars were telling to stop complaining.
We operate a very fair system on MAG which is why we are full every night, we have 6 reserved slots which auto kick for MAGs, when more MAGS need to join we then try to be fair to everyone...

I stopped when I realised some of the regs were getting annoyed, which is why I found the mute a bit weird, but hey ho. I've played up until now muted but now the Inbetweeners is on and I can't multitask.

I appreciate it's full every night, I'm on most of them and I often leave my steam on auto-retry to get on, I appreciate it's busy and you need to kick to get MAGs on. I totally agree with you on this, but I was saying it was frustrating that there was no message (at least, not one I saw). When it looked to be a kick without a reason, it's quite frustrating after playing for a long time. If server had done it, that'd have been a lot more obvious what was going on, but because it came from an admin with no kick reason attached, it looked totally random - hence my frustration and my comments, which people seemed to misinterpret as me being angry at being kicked which wasn't the case.

Anyway, I'm over it now I've seen Googy did type a message into chat which I didn't see for whatever reason, so I'll probs be back on in 35 mins.

Rich
When I want your advice I'll give you the special signal; which is me being sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Offline HeAdHuNtEr

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 21:49:34 PM »

Offline Grim69

• MAG
  • Super MAG
    • twitch.tv/gr1m_69
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 21:48:21 PM »
I do appreciate your comments Cake, but I muted you after putting up a vote to mute you since you kept complaining round after round, it got to the point where our regulars were telling to stop complaining.
We operate a very fair system on MAG which is why we are full every night, we have 6 reserved slots which auto kick for MAGs, when more MAGS need to join we then try to be fair to everyone...

[/url]

Offline HeAdHuNtEr

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 21:33:37 PM »
seem like he did say something the only thing i can say is that it dose happen m8 are server is full every night 7 days a week
and if a paying MAG wants on then someone most go this it was u and someone else pls dnt take it the wrong way...We have lots of reg on the server so the admins tend to look for people they dnt know well .....like life we cant keep everyone happy but we do try are very best to be fair..
pls dnt be put of by this cos u are more than welcome on the server and the more ur on the less chance u have of being kicked

MAG

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 21:35:43 PM by HeAdHuNtEr »

Offline Cake

• Smoke mid, rush short.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 21:33:32 PM »
Ziggy, I said maybe 6/7 lines, then stopped way before the mute thing came up as I dropped it. I was talking because it seemed like you guys thought I was angry at the kick - which I wasn't - more that the kick had no reason attached, and I didn't get Googy's text in console.

Swings and roundabouts. Feel free to delete/close the thread or whatever.
When I want your advice I'll give you the special signal; which is me being sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Offline Ziggy

• Super MAG
  • ...and the Snipers from Mars
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 21:28:12 PM »
yep - but despite getting an explanation you mentioned it again and again and again and again..................  ::)

Didn't get that in my console. Apologies.

Fwiw, I've now been muted on the server for voicing an opinion, which is nice and fair! I see the point in the kick, MAG guys pay and deserve a slot whenever they want, I just didn't see a reason in my chat or console. When I say that on the server, I get muted even after I've stopped typing for around 4 minutes.

Offline Cake

• Smoke mid, rush short.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 21:25:31 PM »
Didn't get that in my console. Apologies.

Fwiw, I've now been muted on the server for voicing an opinion, which is nice and fair! I see the point in the kick, MAG guys pay and deserve a slot whenever they want, I just didn't see a reason in my chat or console. When I say that on the server, I get muted even after I've stopped typing for around 4 minutes.

Offline HeAdHuNtEr

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 21:24:13 PM »
hmmm that dnt sound like googy but am sure when he see this post u will get a reply m8y

MAG

Offline Rich

• ><ombie
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 21:22:42 PM »
"2010-09-13 21:00:49   sorry kicking for mag.   Middle Aged Gamers [UK,No AWP/Auto]   de_piranesi"

Googy's chat log:

http://91.192.210.39/hlstatsx/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=40

Offline Cake

• Smoke mid, rush short.
Kicked for no reason?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 21:10:16 PM »
Just got booted off the CSS server by Googy for no reason, then another MAG player joined. No "Cake, do you mind leaving so one of our guys can come on" just a straight boot. No reason given in the kick either. I'd played through 3 maps, if I'd just joined it'd make more sense, but it seems totally random which makes it all the more annoying that no warning was given.

Other than 1 other occasions when Admin has been used a bit of a weird way (was told that Slaying for TK would result in being punished...), I thought MAG was pretty good with admin powers and not kicking or banning without a valid reason. One of the main reasons I come on this server is because there's good banter and it doesn't get into out of hand abuse and insults, but getting kicked for no reason makes servers which don't have such a good community look tempting.

Rich