Author Topic: Magpie, permban, no appeal.  (Read 2646 times)

Offline arkwright

Re: Magpie, permban, no appeal.
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 16:23:20 PM »
And at this point I'm going to lock this . If anybody would like to know why please PM . 

Arkwright.

AAAHHHH sod it.

Offline {~T~}

• MAG
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 15:57:17 PM »
Wow,  Some people should never have Admin power, such a shame to see a single admin spoil MAG's great reputation.

An amazing reputation that is still held dear to so many ex MAG's i might add and has been built up over many years of hard work, fun, extremely light hearted banter and yes even tears, that reputation is placed in jepody because of a "power tripper" new MAG's dont fully understand (and i mean this in no offence or patronising to anyone) .... there is more to MAG then just having the power of admin, its supporting each other, respecting everyone, having fun, caring for your community, being apart of something brilliant, most of the "after MAG's" (after my time) as i have to call it do get this concept and others just need to learn and understand it, gamers go where the fun is and lets be honest, players are naturally drawn to the MAG name because MAG hold high values not only for them but for their community they're providing the gaming servers for, you should learn from criticism and maybe not take it to personally and take it as a positive rather then a negative in still making MAG as great as i always known it, MAG has held and will continue to hold a very special place in my heart like it has for so many for so many yrs and i will always defend it, It feels like home and much more, its family and yes we still look in on the old girl every now and then, the new MAG's might not know who we are but us ex MAG's will always share that common interest and hold some fantastic memories, some of us are still very good friends and that friendship lasts a lifetime no matter where we are in the world or what games we're playing
Try and dance in the rain because the storm doesnt last forever xxx

Offline Dr Magpie

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 15:51:09 PM »
You're understandably being very dishonest about out interaction at the trader.  I didn't demand an apology. I asked if one was going to be given after Hose A started an argument with Beachbum ending with his name calling and being treated far better than Beach was.  Beach's comments we're no different than when she was an admin on MAG.  I accused no one of sexism, I wanted to know for what reason she was being treated differently to another player doing (in my opinion) much worse than her.   And I left knowing I was going to be banned because I was told by the MAGcz that he could ban me for no reason.  For the final time from me,  take care.

inkihh

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 15:34:55 PM »
Hey guys,

when I turned the temp ban into a perm ban, I really didn't think this kind of reaction would come from the community, since Magpie said he will not be back anyway. But it seems that I need to address some things. The following took me hours to put together and although I have many other valuable things to do for the MAG community this is obviously important.

So first of all, doing that perm ban was, on reflection, overreacting. I was still very agitated, sad and extremely disappointed from what happened the night before. I will now revoke that perm ban and turn it back into a 7-day temp ban.

Aristo and I are very friendly, helpful and professional admins. You can ask around in the community, and everyone would agree to that I am sure. It's only when a certain line is crossed,
and our home MAG is under attack, that this mindset changes. But if that line is crossed, which rarely happens, because the regular players are also friendly, we become more protective.
There is a lot of background that most don't know. First of all, here's the full chatlog of that night for everyone to review. Magpie of course was reserved enough not to say anything too bad in the chat, although some things do shine through, and yes, everybody is a real player - this I checked on Cftools.

https://backend.middleagedgamers.co.uk/tmp/chatlog.txt

So the long verbal conversation that escalated between Aristo, Magpie, Beachbum and me is not documented, but quite a few players witnessed it, since it happened in the middle of Green Mountain Trader (GMT) so I am sure that these events can be verified.

The starting point was a fight between Hose A and Beachbum:

Code: [Select]
[2021-07-24T23:20:43.611000] <Beachbum> are you talking to me?
[2021-07-24T23:21:24.689000] <Beachbum> i am THE ONLY Beachbum and if you dont know me
[2021-07-24T23:21:29.162000] <Beachbum> then tough luck
[2021-07-24T23:21:52.763000] <Hose A> puta
[2021-07-24T23:22:09.009000] <inkihh> be nice everybody
[2021-07-24T23:22:27.376000] <Beachbum> yes
[2021-07-24T23:22:27.690000] <Beachbum> dont push me
[2021-07-24T23:22:47.362000] <Beachbum> KURVA
[2021-07-24T23:23:14.719000] <Hose A> nasty botha  fagg boy
[2021-07-24T23:23:17.950000] <Beachbum> show your true colors Hose A
[2021-07-24T23:23:23.571000] <Magpie> wow
[2021-07-24T23:23:30.697000] <Beachbum> yes there we go Hose A
[2021-07-24T23:23:32.218000] <aristo> Last warning, Hose A
[2021-07-24T23:23:41.284000] <Hose A> ok im stepping out
[2021-07-24T23:24:05.340000] <aristo> Beachbum. Please leave. Your presence here is not
[2021-07-24T23:24:12.685000] <aristo> healthy for our community at this time.

Hose A insulted Beachbum as a puta (whore) and later a faggot. After the first insult, she insulted right back with Kurva (also whore). Hose A was warned and later temp banned for his actions. Hose A decided to pull back from the conversation, which was a good decision by him.

After we assessed the situation later, he received a 1 day temp ban. Mind you, this ban was for the insult ALONE. Beachbum racked up some more things that night. So please don't complain that she received a longer ban than Hose A. We didn't have time to deal with Hose A instantly, because Magpie and Beachbum would now start the aforementioned long verbal discussion at GMT.

One very dishonest argument was that Beachbum was "asked to leave, because she was called a faggot". Magpie said, thankfully in the chat, "am i gunna be asked to leave if i get called a fagg?".

Code: [Select]
[2021-07-24T23:25:01.727000] <Magpie> so hose a calls her a bitch and a fagg and SHE needs to
[2021-07-24T23:25:05.590000] <Magpie> leave?
[2021-07-24T23:25:14.296000] <aristo> I already addressed Hose A.
[2021-07-24T23:25:16.299000] <Beachbum> no baby admins need to learn too speak too players
[2021-07-24T23:25:20.076000] <aristo> And I asked, not demanded.
[2021-07-24T23:25:55.948000] <Magpie> you asked a player to leave
[2021-07-24T23:25:56.278000] <Beachbum> i refuse because i did nthing wrong
[2021-07-24T23:26:02.108000] <inkihh> Just stop it, everybody, and play the game.
[2021-07-24T23:26:25.266000] <Magpie> am i gunna be asked to leave is i get called a fagg?

Obviously, Beachbum was not asked to leave, BECAUSE Hose A called her a faggot, but because "Your presence here is not healthy for our community at this time.", which is absolutely reasonable to do. We should have asked Hose A the same thing, but unfortunately didn't. When people are fighting, it's often the right thing to remove them both, at least temporarily, until things cool down. Mind you, Beachbum insulted him back. And again, there is no causal relationship between being called a faggot and being asked to leave. I reiterate that Beachbum was asked to leave because in Aristo’s reasonable view  "Your presence here is not healthy for our community at this time."
As a little side note, Beachbum has killed and banned for less in her days as a MAG admin.

So the accusation that Beachbum was asked to leave as a consequence of being called a faggot was brought up by Magpie over and over again, although Aristo and I explained many times that this was not case.

We asked them over and over again to please play the game now, but they demanded an apology from Aristo for asking Beachbum to leave, which makes no sense, since it was a reasonable thing to do, as described above. Over and over again, Magpie claimed that she was asked to leave BECAUSE she was called a faggot. And that he couldn't play the game, "because he would get banned".

Also during the verbal discussion, Magpie accused us many times of "treating them like that" because they were ex-MAG. Aristo and I answered in the negative just as many times, but Magpie would claim this over and over again. In fact, what I realised later, it was THEM who acted like they did because they were ex-MAG, and they somehow thought they were entitled to this kind of behaviour. A regular player of our friendly server would never have argued in such a dishonest and disrespectful way. And if anything, we gave them credit for being ex-MAG by taking a lot of time talking to them.

Things got really crazy when Magpie accused us of being sexist by treating Beachbum like that because she is a woman! We were really stunned and hurt by this accusation.
There are more things to mention, which I should probably do in this reply, but I have to take care of other things now. So I trust that everybody following the discussion will see my side of events.

Ban reissued as original 7 day

We can all learn and do things better!!

Lastly, I would hope that if any MAG went to play on their server we would do so in a respectful and appropriate manner.

Love,
inkihh
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 15:43:33 PM by inkihh »

Offline Dr Magpie

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 14:12:07 PM »
Since you won't be back anyway, I turned this into a permban. Doesn't hurt anyone, does it?
I feel bad for what's left at MAG.  Take care x

Offline madjock

• MAG
  • Super MAG
  • Boom Boom Time
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 12:38:07 PM »
Wow,  Some people should never have Admin power, such a shame to see a single admin spoil MAG's great reputation.
" I'm an evil Scotsman, and my name is Jock "

Offline Mr. Diaz

• some lame clips here
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 12:00:47 PM »
Since you won't be back anyway, I turned this into a permban. Doesn't hurt anyone, does it?

Wow. Much computer skills, but this shows a serious lack of people skills and is plain childish...

I am not sure if i want to play a server where admins hand out bans like this.
Yes i read back cherno in game chat. Magpie doesn't deserve this.
Tbf: Jon and legate's ban i understand, though i know them both as good guys. Alcohol is no excuse.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 13:46:45 PM by Mr. Diaz »
If you wear your undies inside out, technically the whole universe is wearing them, except you.

Offline c20h25n3o

Re: Magpie, permban
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 19:55:25 PM »

Jesus, Inki.
Too bad you can't even handle criticisms. Bit childish to make it a perm ban after he disagreed respectfully.

inkihh

Re: Magpie, permban
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 19:49:43 PM »

Offline Dr Magpie

Re: Magpie, 7 day ban, no appeal.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 19:42:14 PM »
I was very careful not to show any disrespect during our discussion and i had no negative interactions with any players, quite the opposite.  I just wanted to understand why a player was asked to leave the server after being called a whore and a fag, yet the person who called her that was asked to chill (and recieved a much more lenientban).  I knew this ban was coming anyway due to the arrogance of the MAGcz involved.  There was a plan to play on the server with others, some of who though decided to have a different kind of fun after a drink or two.  I was planning to meet up with another player at the trader and see what was new.  Then the "arguing about the same thing happened". It's a shame how it turned out, and i was very disappointed how admins handled this, very much feeling like all ex MAG members we're being singled out. I won't be back.  The server is full of conflicting mods, high lag areas and still suffers many crashes, and the admins making me feel less than welcome means that the i didn't feel i would be part of the community.  Due to MAGs inherent fear of other DayZ server communities, i knew I'd be wasting my time trying, but i genuinely miss some players there and gave it a shot.  It's a shame.

inkihh

Magpie, permban, no appeal.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 17:49:02 PM »
Magpie

Disrespectful behavior towards admins and other players, baiting and provoking, not stopping arguing about the same things.

7 day ban, no appeal.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 20:15:13 PM by inkihh »